Business Development Coordinator (Houston, TX)
We invite you to apply at Diligent today!
Our ideal applicant is an energetic, motivated, self-starter responsible for targeting opportunity-based sales goals through excellent communication skills. This detail-oriented individual will develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through prospect calls and establish an ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness are essential to this role. If you are a self-motivated individual and have a desire to win projects and grow professionally we want to hear from you.
Job Duties Include
- Cold-call prospects that are generated by external lead sources.
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
- Collaborate with Sales Supervisor and Business Development Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches.
- Create and deliver qualified opportunities (leads) to BDM’s where appropriate.
- Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
- Ensure follow-up by passing leads to BDM’s with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, and so on.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as direct mail campaigns, trade show follow up, and online lead follow up.
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail cross-sell and up-sell.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Coordinate customer training as necessary.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
- Inside sales experience is a plus. Recent college graduates with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed in sales are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Knowledge of transportation, delivery, and freight shipping is a plus.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Experience with customer relationship management software.
- Administrative skills and working knowledge of:
- MS- Word
- MS- Excel
- MS- Power Point
- Outlook – email
To apply for this position please click here.
Diligent Delivery Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.