General Manager - Freight (Houston, TX)
We invite you to apply to work for Diligent today!
Diligent Delivery Systems, a Nationwide non-asset based Logistics Company is seeking an experienced General Manager to Market and Develop domestic, local and International Freight Markets.
General Manager Job Duties:
- Travel to various locations to perform sales and Business Development for growth
- Prospecting, presentations, negotiating, and closing new business
- Customer account management
- P&L responsibility
- Manage driver routes and handle all driver issues within the region
- Work in conjunction with Corporate accounting staff regarding customer invoicing, vendor payments and COG efficiencies
- Plan and oversee implementation of policies, procedures, and programs for all areas of operations
- Maintain weekly reports for region and submit to Corporate office
- Oversee Logistics Coordinators
- Pro Forma responsibility
- Capability to move freight
- BA degree preferred but not required
- 2-5 years of experience in Freight Management required
- Effective communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Transportation, Freight Forwarding or Logistics experience is a must
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Microsoft Streets and Trips or equivalent mapping/routing software is required
- TSA and/or Hazmat certified is a plus
- Hot shot courier, expeditor, customs and white glove experience
- Experience working with non-asset based company is a plus
- Self-motivated, energetic, charismatic and able to think on feet
To apply for this position please click here.
Diligent Delivery Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.