Operations Manager (Houston, TX)
We invite you to apply at Diligent today!
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with excellent client relationship building skills and a strong sales skill set. The applicant should have a minimum of 3-5 years sales experience within the logistics industry. We offer a competitive base salary with an aggressive commission plan set on individual performance. If you are a motivated professional with a strong business mind set who desires to earn an above average income, we want to hear from you.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Customer account management
- Prospecting, Presentations, Negotiating & Closing new business
- Manage driver routes and handle all driver issues within the region
- Work in conjunction with Corporate accounting staff regarding customer invoicing, vendor payments and COG efficiencies
- Plan and oversee implementation of policies, procedures, and programs for all areas of operations.
- Maintain weekly reports for region and submit to the corporate office
REQUIRED SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess effective communication skills, strong customer service skills, problem-solving, and multi-tasking abilities. We are looking for a team oriented professional who will continue the Diligent Delivery Systems market growth in this area. Transportation, Freight Forwarding, or Logistics experience is a must. In addition, computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word and Microsoft Streets and Trips or equivalent mapping/routing software is required.
- Aggressive hunter mentality
- Strong sales ability
- Excellent prospecting skills
- The ability to build rapport, ask questions, and listen
- Great communication and presentation skills
- The ability to negotiate
- Excellent closing skills
Transportation/ logistics experience is a must
Diligent Delivery Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please click here.